Saturday, July 28, 2007

Music Appreciation

The other day, we were sitting in a drive-thru line for an inordinate amount of time. The kids were fussy and I was searching through our huge amounts of CDs for something that might entertain them. I tried an audio book, Air Ferrets Aloft, by Richard Bach, but they weren't very interested. Then I found a CD we had bought a few months ago, African Playground, which is one of the Putamayo Kids series. I put it on and the kids were mildly entertained by it.

Then, of course, I got the bright idea that we should do a unit study on Africa. Heh. We'll see how well this turns out, but I'll at least bring the CD into the house so we can play it some more, we'll look up Africa on our globe, and hopefully I'll be able to find some good crafts. We already have two books at home (well, from the library) dealing with african wildlife: Water Hole Waiting, by Jane Kurtz, and Pinduli, by Janell Cannon.

If that goes well, I'll try to find more stuff to do, we'll see. And if all that goes well, maybe we'll do it with other cultures. We already have Celtic (specifically, Welsh) music, and even have some stories on CD from Hugan the Bard.

Of course, me planning anything like this means the kids won't be remotely interested, but we'll give it a shot. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home