Saturday, October 18, 2008

(Grand)Parental Pressure

So, the pressure's on. Mom's said a few things over the last few weeks like, "When are you going to start teaching Colwyn to read?" and "What did you do today, Colwyn? Did you do any schoolwork?" She wants to know when I'll be doing what and how I'll make sure Colwyn stays on grade-level. But then, oddly enough, she'll hear Colwyn doing some math in his head and be completely shocked that he knows how to do that.

She's obviously got a false impression of how we are/will be homeschooling, and I'm not really looking forward to disabusing her of that notion. I think she's waiting until Doug's mom comes up for a visit to have a long talk with us, and I have the feeling that it's going to end up like an intervention or something. Urgh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

poor thing. I've had people say to us, well he need's to be socialized and learn to wokr with others. Then when "she" came out to visit she said, wow you guy's are doing a good job. My kid's just a toddler but it's the begining step's at getting people on our side.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

poor thing, it's hard but what do they think were out to screw up our kid's! Hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home