Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Spring!

It was 35 degrees outside this morning, but that didn't stop us from heading to the nursery and picking up some seed starting supplies. Within a month the weather will be warm enough for the cool weather veggies, though I'll probably end up keeping the warm weather stuff indoors a bit longer (I've got heaps of containers to transplant them into, also).

Colwyn had fun picking out seeds. I've never tried watermelon and have a feeling it won't go so well, but who knows.



Alas, all my gardening tools are somewhere out back, so I let the boys use spoons to fill the trays with dirt. They were so impressed that I was completely unphased by the inevitable spills on the floor.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Rita Webb said...

good ideas. i was just thinking i'd have my girls help plan my garden this year. spring is a great time to study plants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home