Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

We've been doing a lot of stuff with dinosaurs lately. It's so amazing to hear this little boy who was in speech therapy for a year rattling off names like parasaurolophus and deinonychus and brachiosaurus. I mentioned in my first post that we're making a dinosaur ABC book. I cut cardstock to 6"x6" and used yarn to assemble the book. On each page, Colwyn cuts (I should note that I do most of the cutting) and glues a picture of a dinosaur that he's colored in, the dinosaur's name, a blurb about the dinosaur, and the appropriate letter.



I also bought a neat little $2 toy at Target the other day. It was an egg made out of sand with a little plastic dinosaur in the middle. It came with a chisel, hammer, and brush for digging the dino out. Colwyn had a great time, but I think I may have actually enjoyed it even more (because, after all.. I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was in high school). The cleaning up was so not fun.. why didn't it occur to me that when it said "Sand" on the packaging, that it actually meant.. well.. sand. Duh.



We went to the Museum of Science over the holiday break and Colwyn really liked the dinosaur exhibit. He had a cold, though, and I don't think he was able to fully appreciate it. I can't wait to take him back, hopefully when he's healthy, well fed, and rested. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home